If you’re trying to lose weight, the hardest part can be living without your favourite foods. There’s no need to compromise on flavour on a diet, but you do need to be much more careful about your choices of ingredients, and make changes to what you put into your meals. Our Low Fat Chicken curry Recipe includes all of the great flavours you’d expect, but is a lot lower in calories than regular dishes, so it’s great if you’re trying to cut down on your calories.
This low fat chicken curry recipe serves 2 people, and takes around an hour to prepare and cook, so it’s ideal for a romantic evening in!
Low Fat Chicken Curry Recipe: Ingredients
- 2 skinless chicken breasts – cubed
- 1/2 pint chicken stock
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 Cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of mild chilli powder depending on your taste
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh grated root ginger
- 2 cardamom pods
- Small piece of cinnamon stick (about half an inch)
- 1/4 pint fat free plain yoghurt
- coriander leaves for garnish
Low Fat Chicken Curry Recipe: Method.
- Prepare the ingredients for the low far chicken curry recipe as above, and allow the yoghurt to reach room temperature
- Boil the sliced onion and garlic in about 2./3 of your chicken stock in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes before simmering for a furhter 20 – the onion should be soft and golden brown.
- Add all of the spices and garlic to the pan and bring back to the boil before adding the sliced chicken.
- Pour the remaining chicken stock into the pan and bring back to the boil
- Let the pan simmer for around 20 minutes so that the chicken is cooked through and has had a chance to absorb the flavours.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the yoghurt
- Serve with boiled rice,
If your diet’s going well, and you’re looking for some work out tips to help you shift some extra pounds, be sure to sign up for the free workout programmes at vytalz.com!